Mr Rays Day

Mr. Ray´s Day

Hello everyone! My name is Ray. You can call me Mr. Ray too. I had a really fun day today and this is how it went. First, I woke up and I went to go find my favorite meal for breakfast. I normally don’t eat but today I was hungry so I went and got some gastropods. I had a delicious breakfast. Then I prepared my stuff for today, to go teach my class, and go on an exciting field trip. I packed my lunch and was on my way to school. 

Some interesting information about White Spotted Eagle Rays is that they normally don’t live in groups, but they sometimes swim together. Some physical characteristics about me are that I can grow up to 16.4 feet and can weigh up to 507 pounds. I arrived at school, sang a song, greeted my students, and said hi to Nemo and Dory. Next, I  asked them each a science question and we named more species of coral. My personality is very happy, and I like to make everything positive. Some things I am proud of is that my tail is much longer than other rays and has 2-6 venomous spines, right behind the pelvic fins. My common name is White Spotted Eagle Ray and my scientific name is Aetobatus Narinari. I live along the coast of warm waters by coral reefs.

The field trip I took my students to was the drop-off (where the coral reef ends and this is where open water begins and is dangerous in “Finding Nemo” because that is where a lot of scuba divers go to capture some fish.)  This is where they were able to explore and look at all of the different coral species in the water. Right now,  I am thinking about the field trip we went on today and if any of the parents were worried about the drop-off. In my spare time, I like to play Twister and I enjoy painting. 

My population is near threatened; the thing I worry about most is the Silvertip Reef sharks and the Great Hammerhead. They will follow my population in the birthing season and eat the baby rays. I have a few enemies: Tiger sharks, Bull sharks, Lemon sharks, Great Hammerhead sharks, and Silvertip Reef sharks. I don’t have any friends. I don’t really like my own kind so I prefer to be alone. 

We went back to school after the field trip, the school day ended and we all went home and went to bed. But before I go to bed I still have some more information to say and that is that the spots on me and my other kind are all very unique like human fingerprints. I have a symbiotic relationship with the Jackfish, my jaw is very powerful and I use it to crush conchs. The Jackfish follows me around and hopes to make a meal out of the extra scraps that I have left behind in the sand. That was my day today and a lot of my information I have shared, well, Goodbye now. Some links I have used are Oceana, Wikipedia, Lamar University, and the Wild Republic.